Hains and Lewis Solicitors is a Solicitors Firm operating from Haverfordwest, Narberth and Carmarthen. Our main services are the provision of legal advice to the communities in South West Wales and the wider area. We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including but not limited to management, legal services and the procurement of supplies. Our Directors, Christopher Taylor and Sharon Knox are jointly responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
During 2022 and 2023, we aim to:
- To minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example double-siding all paper used and identifying futher opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible to arrange for the re-use or the recycling of office non-confidential wastepaper, computer supplies, office furniture and other redundant equipment and products.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment through good housekeeping and by purchasing energy efficient equipment where necessary
- To ensure that office furniture and other products are recycled.
- To walk, cycle and or use public transport to attend meetings wherever possible.
- To avoid physically travelling to meetings where alternatives are available such as tele-conferencing, video conferencing or Webcams and to avoid multiple trips.
- To work with our suppliers to increase efficiency throughout our supply chain.
- To buy locally sourced products and services wherever possible
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- inform all customers and suppliers about our environmental policy by January 2022 and, thereafter, all new customers and suppliers
- review environmental issues at least quarterly at directors’ meetings
- review and implement advice on how businesses can reduce their environmental impact and cut their carbon footprint where practical
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through director management meetings.
This environmental policy is available on request. If you wish to obtain a copy or would like to discuss our progress against our objectives, please telephone 0345 4080125].